Multicultural Women’s Wellbeing
How We Started
The Multicultural Wellbeing Women’s Group started as a grassroots – community group set up by Sol Diaz on the 8th March 2016 (celebrating the universally known International Women’s Day) promoting social inclusion, learning from different cultural backgrounds, wellbeing and making new friends focussing on BAME groups living in Trafford. After the successful delivery of Language Library since September 2015, a weekly English Conversations class for non-English speakers or participants with limited English there was a demand from participants for more development, wellbeing, meetings and activities. From the regular meetings of the group, female members decided that there was so much more they could do as a group and for other women, they knew that would meet identified but unfulfilled needs of the community.
- Reducing social isolation and loneliness.
- To encourage an understanding and communication between the different cultures and their neighbours
- To assist women and their families through skills acquisition, basic education, health information and integration into the community
- To build confidence and friendship
- To share the culture and history of different cultures by promoting its arts and culture
- To act as the hub of the Community in Trafford for multicultural women for information, advice, support and advocacy
- We have spoken with women from different communities in the local area who are very keen to engage in the activities.
- The Multicultural Wellbeing Women’s Group started with “ A Journey Around the World” inviting every woman to join in!
What We Do
We are a community group that celebrates cultural diversity, traditions and heritage promoting social inclusion, friendship and wellbeing. We are a women’s group from different cultural backgrounds living in Trafford, Manchester.
A Podcast : Out of Place
Every Woman Everywhere in the Community!
Do you feel isolated?
Do you want to meet women from around the world?
The Multicultural Women’s Wellbeing Group is for you.
Join us on a Journey around the world!
We meet every Wednesday term time 10 am to 12 pm at Broomwood Community and Wellbeing Centre.
We meet every Wednesday term time 10 am to 12 pm at Coppice Library and Wellbeing Centre.
Dances from around the World.
Cooking food from around the World
Meditation and mindfulness
Community Support Networks
Make New Friendships.
Stories from around the World
Improve your Confidence, Skills, Health and Wellbeing.
Multicultural Wellbeing Women's Activities Instructors
WellBeing Practitioner & Project Manager | ESOL & TEFL Teacher
Digital Skills Tutor
Dance and Movement Therapy Wellbeing Tutor
Yoga Wellbeing Tutor
Gardening and Cooking Wellbeing Tutor
Healthy Hips & Hearts Support Tutor